Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 5 on the Road - the way Home

I hope not to "Lose my Heart in ...." today.  Woke up with wicked leg cramps - hot shower helped a little. Packed up and went outside - it was sooooo foggy that I had a hard time finding Foggy.  After finding some coffee I did made it to the Golden Gate Bridge.   I did send you pictures of the bridge, but I did take a hike to one of the old forts and took these pictures.....
I then went over the bridge and took Highway 1 through Frisco down to Half Moon Bay.   The fog disappeared and I got to see the ocean...
Then I found the Pigeon Point Lighthouse just north of Santa Cruz (Go Fighting Banana Slugs).  All the out buildings are a hostel.
 I had lunch in Santa Cruz at an old drive-in then down the 101.   I drove through Paso Robles during the Harvest Festival (Hey Rita, I DID NOT STOP). I did get to Fess Parker to taste and buy "The Big Easy".  I thought of spending the night around there, but it was only 90 minutes till home.

I ended my little trip Friday night after 2000 miles of fun...   Where to go next time ????????

No comments:

Post a Comment