Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 3 on the Road

Enjoing a cup of Starbucks in my blue camp cup getting ready to go.   It was very cloudy and foggy driving up the coast to Gold Beach, Oregon.  Once there I found a Bookstore and Coffee Bar, good coffee.   Then I went to the harbor where the Pacific Ocean and the Rouge Rive meet and I found this . . .
I then turned around and headed back to California, but I did stop along the Oregon Coast to take some pix . . .

I stopped at Fred Meyer's to get beer for Kokanee Beer for Rita and found the steal price one Tillamonk cheese Baby Loafs.  Only got one though.   Then down to California for lunch in Cresent City - nothing to blog about.  Once in Arcata, had a long talk with Ed at Libations.  Bougth Rita cloth and then Cory jerky at the co-op.  The next pix are for Cory and Dean.
Went to Eureka to have dinner at "Bless My Soul".  Nothing like Jambalya, Vanilla Carrots, and Creole Corn (and 1/2 hour chat with the owner)...
It was a long day, good milage on the hybrid, sleep well!!!!!!





1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an Oregon state of mind yesterday. The autumn coast is quite different from the August vacation coast most know so well, as well as getting to see the (?) boat, Rogue, and baby loafs (yum!!!). Food looks pretty good: after or before discussing work on cookbooks? Now about the beer-- the plentiful beer choices 8)

    ReplyDelete